Monday, July 23, 2012

What a gift!

When I got home today I gave my kids their gifts from New Orleans (see picture below). As I watched them open their gifts in awe and thankfulness it hit me, that in the moment of gift giving & receiving, the whole trip was summarized. The gift of God in Christ, the gift of being with the other 15 people in our group, the gift of being in that place and with the witness of the larger church (all 33,309 that were in attendance), a sense of awe in giving and receiving that goes beyond the word thankful to blessed.

What an amazing trip!
We...practiced discipleship
We...practiced justice
We...practiced peacemaking

And through it all, every single one of our group upheld our covenant, treated all with the love of Christ, and I believe that every one of us (chaperones included) grew in our love and passion for God and for one another.
Thank you for trusting us with your children. They were phenomenal!

Blessings,
PAL

No comments:

Post a Comment